[om-a] Announcing an OMDoc mode for (Gnu) Emacs.

Peter Jansen Peter_Jansen at lti.cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 16 07:18:08 CEST 2002

We are happy to announce the (pre-)release of an emacs major mode for
editing OMDoc documents, in the hope that it will prove useful as is,
and in the expectation of significant improvements and extensions
in the near future.

OMDoc is a content-based markup format for "Open Mathematical Documents".
It uses OpenMath objects for representing mathematical formulae, and extends
the functionality of OpenMath Content Dictionaries (see [1] for details).
Hence, the OMDoc mode can be directly used for editing OpenMath objects,
and a mode for OpenMath Content Dictionaries could be derived from
it with relatively little effort.

The mode provides support for editing and visualizing documents that
are written according to the OMDoc 1.1 DTD (www.mathweb.org/omdoc/dtd),
such as font-lock for coloring, template insertion of tag constructs,
tag completion, indentation, and validation.

Portability is somewhat limited: the mode was mainly developed under emacs
20.7, and runs without problems under emacs 21.  We currently do not have
the resources for making it backwards-compatible with earlier versions, or
other flavors of emacs, e.g. XEmacs.

The mode can be downloaded from our web page [2]

Comments, questions, bug reports etc. are welcomed.
Please send them to
       Peter Jansen (pjj at cs.cmu.edu), or
       Michael Kohlhase (kohlhase+ at cs.cmu.edu)

-- Peter Jansen, for the CCAPS team at CMU - SCS.

[1] http://www.mathweb.org/omdoc/
[2] http://aiki.ccaps.cs.cmu.edu/index.shtml

--
om-announce at openmath.org  -  public announcements concerning OpenMath