[om-a] ANN: MathML goes mainstream!

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Thu Sep 18 21:55:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am pleased to announce MSN has licensed Design Science's
MathPlayer software in order to display MathML-based content in
their new Math Homework Help feature. Math Homework Help gives
students step-by-step guidance with problems in commonly-used
textbooks. MathPlayer is used to display the MathML-based
mathematical notation in Math Homework Help.

For further details, see the press release on our web site:

http://www.dessci.com/en/company/press/releases/sept03.htm

MathPlayer is also available as a free download on the Design
Science web site, and we have had 100,000 downloads of
MathPlayer since its release. This does not include MSN subscribers.

[MathML is the XML-based standard for encoding mathematics,
developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), and supported
by most popular web browsers.]

Bob Mathews                      Email: bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
Phone: 830-990-9699
http://www.dessci.com/
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
--
om-announce at openmath.org  -  public announcements concerning OpenMath
Post discussion to om at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org