[om-a] OpenMath 2 Released

Mike Dewar miked at nag.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 15:25:13 CEST 2004

I am pleased to announce that the editorial changes agreed at the
Helsinki meeting have been completed, and that the final version of
OpenMath 2 is now available from http://www.openmath.org/.

We have also upgraded all the existing CDs to satisfy this new version
of the standard (this mainly involved adding namespaces) and added a
substantial collection of new CDs produced by Arjeh Cohen's team at the
University of Eindhoven as part of their "Algebra Interactive!" project
(see http://www.openmath.org/cdfiles2/cdgroups/riaca_algebra.html).

I'd like to thank the OpenMath 2 working group for all their hard work,
and also thank everybody who commented on the various drafts we made
available.  To provide guidance for new users, Olga Caprotti is
coordinating the production of an OpenMath 2 Primer which we hope to
make available in draft form towards the end of the summer.

Kind regards, Mike.

http://www.star.net.uk
om-announce at openmath.org  -  public announcements concerning OpenMath
Post discussion to om at openmath.org