[Om-announce] PhD studies in Computer Algebra and Semantics of Mathematics at Bath

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 17:55:37 CET 2010

** PhD studies in Computer Algebra and Semantics of Mathematics at Bath

**** Apply by January 18th 2011 to be considered for University Research Studentships ****

Applications are invited for PhD study in the Mathematical Foundations of
Computation research group at the University of Bath.

Our staff include James Davenport, John ffitch, Russell Bardford
and Julian Padget.
We welcome students interested in any aspects of computer algebra, and its
relationship to the semaantics of mathematics such as OpenMath/MathML.

The research publications of the Department of Computer Science at
Bath were ranked 3rd in the UK at the 2008 Research Assessment
Exercise. The department's other research interests include semantics and
logic, computational geometry, logic programming, computer vision
and graphics, artificial intelligence, agents, and human-computer
interaction.

A wide range of funding opportunities, including full stipendiary
studentships as well as scholarships and fee-waivers, is available,
for studies commencing in October 2011. Every application will be
considered competitively for all eligible funding sources. The sooner you apply, the
more opportunities are available.

Applications received by January 18th 2011 will be considered for University Research
Studentships, which pay the cost of EU-rate fees and a stipend.

Please direct informal enquiries to J.H.Davenport at bath.ac.uk or visit

http://www.bath.ac.uk/comp-sci/pgr/phd/

for application details