[Om-announce] Positions at ETH in concurrency & verification (ERC advanced investigator grant)

Bertrand Meyer Bertrand.Meyer at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 9 10:01:26 CEST 2012

We have positions at the Chair of Software Engineering in connection with a recent Advanced Investigator Grant to Bertrand Meyer
from the ERC. We are building advanced practical solutions for "Concurrency Made Easy" and a verification-aware IDE.

Positions are available in my group at ETH Zurich, the Chair of Software Engineering. We recently received an Advanced Investigator
Grant from the European Research Council (5 years, 2.5 million euros); the project description is at
http://se.inf.ethz.ch/research/scoop/CME.pdf. In addition to this project (Concurrency Made Easy) we are recruiting for our effort
of building an advanced verification environment around Eiffel, "Verification As a Matter of Course" (see e.g. the slides at
http://se.ethz.ch/~meyer/publications/methodology/programming-10years-sierre.pdf, although the details are no longer up to date).

Requirements:

+   Good knowledge of software verification techniques

+   For the concurrency project, excellent background in concurrency

+   Good publications on relevant topics (particularly for the postdoc positions)

+   Excellent mastery of object-oriented programming, including Eiffel concepts & Design by Contract

+   Mix of theoretical and practical (software development) talents

+   Passion for research and determination to advance the state of software engineering.

The positions are available immediately.

Please send a CV to se-open-positions at lists.inf.ethz.ch; also include a position statement describing (briefly, half a page to two
pages) on what topics you would like to work and what you think you can contribute. Obviously you should take some time to become
familiar with our work at http://se.ethz.ch, especially the Research pages.

-- Bertrand Meyer