[Om-announce] CFP: MIR 2012--Mathematics Information Retrieval, Bremen, July 8th

mir2012 at easychair.org mir2012 at easychair.org
Wed Jun 13 21:01:08 CEST 2012

[apologies for multiple copies]

     MIR 2012 Workshop (Mathematics Information Retrieval)
     July 8th, 2012
     at CICM 2012, Bremen Germany
     http://cicm2012.cicm-conference.org/cicm.php?event=mir

The MIR Workshop brings together researchers working on information retrieval
for digital mathematics libraries and mathematical document collections
for discussions and friendly systems competition.

Workshop format:
================

The MIR Workshop will consist of a traditional-style scientific program with
presentations of submitted papers in the Math IR Symposium together
with the Math IR happening, where workshop participants competitively or jointly
solve a set of Math IR challenges and submit their solutions to a panel of
mathematician judges.

Important dates:
================
- Symposium:
   Abstract Submission:     June 15th, 2012
   Paper Submission:        June 16th, 2012
   Notification:            June 19th, 2012
   Final Versions:          June 22th, 2012
   Proceedings on site      July  8th, 2012

- Happening:
   Dataset available:       now
   MIR System Registration: June 15th, 2012

Submissions in LNCS format (llncs.cls from Manuscript guidelines
at www.springer.com/authors) should be sent via Easychair at:
https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=mir2012

Programme Committee (to be completed):
=====================================
Michael Kohlhase, Jacobs University (PC co-chair)
Petr Sojka, Masaryk University  (PC co-chair)

Math IR Symposium at MIR 2012 (July 8th, morning)
=============================
http://cicm2012.cicm-conference.org/cicm.php?event=mir&menu=symposium

The Math IR Symposium is a traditional-style half-day workshop
with scientific contributions about mathematics information
retrieval. Topics include but not limited to:

- MIR systems design and descriptions
- requirements for mathematics information retrieval:
  use cases and typical queries
- formula normalization, similarity, indexing
  and search algorithms
- mathematics retrieval corpora preparation and tagging
- semantically enhancing mathematical corpora
  for IR (from math OCR or presentation MathML in DML)
- extracting semantic relations from corpora
- evaluation of MIR (methods and test corpora)

Math IR Happening at MIR 2012 (July 8th, afternoon)
http://cicm2012.cicm-conference.org/cicm.php?event=mir&menu=happening

A friendly competition for the systems presented at the workshop.
Since math information retrieval is still quite young and developing,
we will not make this an official competition, but a happening,
where we get together and try our systems on a common set of
problems. We expect the happening to transcend the workshop proper.

MIR is part of CICM multiconference and is followed by Digital
Mathematics Library track of CICM on July 9th:
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/cicm2012/cicm.php?event=dml