[Om-announce] Fwd: Public Editor's draft of MathML

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed May 16 10:24:36 CEST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Public Editor's draft of MathML
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:22:03 +0100
From: David Carlisle <davidc at nag.co.uk>
To: 'www-math at w3.org' <www-math at w3.org>

I'm pleased to announce that we now have a copy of the editor's draft of
MathML available. Previously it was only available to W3C members (or as
copies from other locations).

http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/

This is a draft "2nd Edition" of MathML 3.0. It incorporates a number of
errata that have been reported over the last year. We will continue to
gather and correct mistakes in the MathML 3.0 spec and update this draft
accordingly. At the present time we have no plans to issue a actual
second edition as an official W3C Recommendation.

Many but not all issues raised have been addressed, and some editorial
notes have been added for still open issues. Please see the change log
in the diff marked version:

http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/appendixf-d.html#changes.mathml3.02e-3.0

(some of the change log entries are not fully described at present but
the list should link to all sections that have changes.)

The draft is available in several formats

* HTML(4):
http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/

* Diff Marked HTML(4)
Showing any changes from the 1st edition of MathML 3.0.
http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/Overview-d.html

* XHTML + MathML Version
XHTML including MathML examples to be displayed in the browser:
http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/Overview.xml

* Single file HTML(5) + MathML Version
NEW! The spec as a single HTML page (rather than a page per chapter)
with inline MathML examples. This version also includes the option of
applying JavaScript to affect the display of MathML, Converting Content
MathML to Presentation and optionally invoking the MathJax system to
render the MathML.
http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/mathml.html

* PDF version.
Version of the document typeset with LaTeX.
http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/mathml.pdf

David