[Om-announce] [ISSAC-ANNOUNCE] VISA Information for ISSAC 2014

Kosaku Nagasaka nagasaka at MAIN.H.KOBE-U.AC.JP
Wed May 28 03:41:58 CEST 2014

Dear the presenters and participants of ISSAC 2014,

I have estimated the number of presenters and participants of ISSAC 2014,
who may need the visa for entering JAPAN. It may be 20-30 approximately.
However, at least now, I have received only 14 requests.

If you would like to attend ISSAC 2014 and if your nationality is not
included in the Countries and Regions for Visa Exemptions:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/novisa.html
please read carefully the guide to Japanese visas:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html

For acquiring a visa, it may take 5 business days at least and may take
more than a month in the case of problem with the content of application.
In general, I will send the documents by EMS after 3 days I received a
request, and you will receive the documents in 7 days (this depends on
the mailing address, the minimum is 2 days and the maximum is 7 days).
Therefore, we recommend you to send me a visa request as soon as possible.

For applying visa documents, you may need the following documents:
- for all the applicants
  1. letter of reason for invitation (in Japanese)
  2. schedule of stay (in Japanese)
- for some nationalities, in addition to the above
  3. certificate of the local arrangement chair (in Japanese)

Please provide the local arrangement chair the following information:

  1. The name of embassy or consulate (where you will apply for visa)
  2. Nationality
  3. Job (e.g. Professor, PhD. Student)
  4. Affiliation (e.g. Kobe University)
  5. Passport name (first name, middle name and last name)
  6. Gender (i.e. male or female)
  7. Birthday (year, month, day, age)
  8. Prehistory of purpose (e.g. submitted paper is accepted)
  9. Travel schedule (airports, arrival/departure date, hotel)
     ==> this could be "not yet planed".
 10. Mailing address (for sending the documents by EMS)
 11. Telephone number (for sending the documents by EMS)
 12. Fax number (if available, for sending the documents by EMS)

yours sincerely,
Kosaku, the local organizer of ISSAC 2014

*****
You may leave the ISSAC-ANNOUNCE list at any time by sending a "SIGNOFF ISSAC-ANNOUNCE" command to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.ACM.ORG or by visiting http://listserv.acm.org/archives/ISSAC-ANNOUNCE.html.