[Om-announce] Computability in Europe 2015: Call for Informal Presentations

S B Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 15:48:22 CET 2015

  COMPUTABILITY IN EUROPE 2015: Evolving Computability
                    Bucharest, Romania
                      June 29 - July 3
               http://fmi.unibuc.ro/CiE2015/

FUNDING DEADLINE APPROACHING
 - ASL STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS:  March 28, 2015

SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR INFORMAL PRESENTATIONS:  APRIL 24, 2015

CALL FOR INFORMAL PRESENTATIONS

There is a remarkable difference in conference style between computer
science and mathematics conferences. Mathematics conferences allow
for informal presentations that are prepared very shortly before the
conference and inform the participants about current research and
work in progress. The format of computer science conferences with
pre-conference proceedings is not able to accommodate this form of
scientific communication.

Continuing the tradition of past CiE conferences, also this year's
CiE conference endeavours to get the best of both worlds. In addition
to the formal presentations based on our LNCS proceedings volume, we
invite researchers to present informal presentations. For this, please
send us a brief description of your talk (between one paragraph and
one page) by:

APRIL 24, 2015

Please submit your abstract electronically, via EasyChair
<https://www.easychair.org/login.cgi?conf=cie2015>,
selecting the category "Informal Presentation".

You will be notified whether your talk has been accepted for informal
presentation usually within a week or two after your submission.

If you intend to apply for the ASL Student Travel Award, you might
need us to confirm that your are going to give a presentation at
CiE 2015 (applications of students who are presenting get higher
priority). Therefore, we would like to ask you to submit your informal
presentations by March 25 so that we can send you the notification
before the ASL deadline of March 28.

FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES:

CiE 2015 has received funding from the ASL (Association for Symbolic
Logic) and EATCS (European Association for Theoretical Computer
Science) that allows students who are members of ASL or EATCS and
want to attend CiE 2015 to apply for travel funds or a reduction of
the early registration fee.

Preference will be given to presenters of accepted papers.

Applications for ASL travel grants have to be addressed directly to
ASL, with a strict deadline of March 28, 2015.

Applications for EATCS travel grants have to be sent to
cie2015 at fmi.unibuc.ro
prior to the early registration deadline.

CiE 2015                               http://fmi.unibuc.ro/CiE2015
ASSOCIATION COMPUTABILITY IN EUROPE http://www.computability.org.uk
CiE Conference Series                    http://www.illc.uva.nl/CiE
CiE Membership Application Form http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/CIE