[Om-announce] JAR Special Issue on Automated Reasoning Systems

Geoff Sutcliffe geoff at cs.miami.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:38:10 CEST 2017

Due to several requests, the deadline is extendended to May 1st:

CALL FOR PAPERS:               DEADLINE EXTENSION

                               Special Issue On

                         Automated Reasoning Systems

                        Journal of Automated Reasoning

The past few decades have seen major developments and practical achievements
in automated reasoning systems. For example, SAT solving has become an inherent
part of the standard hardware production process; SMT solvers are now the
backbone of most software verification techniques; first-order theorem provers
have pushed the productivity of interactive theorem proving to a new level;
computer algebra systems have solved difficult problems in mathematics and
biology; knowledge representation systems have become indispensable for
reasoning in the world wide web; automatic termination checkers routinely prove
the termination of complex programs.

This special issue is dedicated to automated reasoning systems in their full
variety along the following dimensions:

1) considered logic:
propositional (including (D)QBF), first-order modulo theories, modal,
temporal, decidable fragments of larger logics, FOL, and HOL, ...;

2) considered problem:
satisfiability, interpolation, quantifier elimination, consequence
finding, model building, reachability, termination, ...;

3) application area:
formal methods, artificial intelligence, mathematics, biology, product development, security, ...;

4) user base:
academic, educational, or industrial.

In particular, we welcome papers emphasizing engineering aspects because,
while often crucial for the success of automated reasoning tools, they are
typically not given a sufficiently detailed treatment in theory papers or
system description papers published at conferences or workshops.

We welcome full-length papers describing past work not previously published in
a journal as well as papers of any length describing new developments. Revised
and enhanced versions of papers published in conference proceedings that have
not appeared in archival journals are also eligible for submission. All
submissions will be reviewed according to the usual standards of scholarship
and originality.

We encourage submissions that include most, if not all, of the following:
(i) theory details
(ii) implementation details
(iii) applications, and
(iv) experiments.

Papers should be in PDF format, following the JAR guidelines for authors,
http://www.springer.com/computer/theoretical+computer+science/journal/10817
and be submitted using  easy chair:

                https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jars2017

To encourage a speedy review cycle, we will expect authors of submissions to
serve as referees for other submissions as needed.

Important Dates
1  May 2017    Submission deadline
15 Nov 2017    Notification of acceptance/rejection
1  Mar 2018    Final version

For more information, please see

                https://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/JARS17/

Guest Editors
   Armin Biere, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
   Cesare Tinelli, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
   Christoph Weidenbach, Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbruecken, Germany