[om] Re: [om-a] Updated OpenMath Content Dictionary Distribution

Andreas Strotmann strotman at cs.fsu.edu
Tue Jul 18 22:37:55 CEST 2000

Thank you, David.

I have a quick comment, and I'm sure you have been discussing it
internally.

You moved several symbols from one CD to another (e.g. "conjugate" from
arith1 to complex1).

I'm not sure it's a good idea to remove the symbol from the "old" CD
altogether.  I'd prefer a solution where in the above example the new
version of the arith1 CD contained some notification that the "conjugate"
symbol has been deprecated, and that it should be translated to
(cd=complex1,name=conjugate), the idea being that this can then be used
for automatic upgrading of OpenMath software, and for improving
backward-compatibility.

 -- Andreas

"The act of defending any of the cardinal virtues has today
all the exhilaration of a vice." -
G.K.Chesterton: A Defense of Humilities, The Defendant, 1901
                           www.chesterton.org/acs/quotes.htm

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org