[om] Specfun CD's (was: library)

Richard Fateman fateman at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 9 21:42:11 CEST 2001

I found James' paper at

http://icm.mcs.kent.edu/research/iamc2001.papers/davenport.pdf

Having scanned through it, I do not see what questions
of style are being raised.  Perhaps I must read it more
carefully, but a hint as to a page number (1-14) would help.

I find it odd to try to defend terms like "factor", clearly
an imperative command, as not an indication of an operation, but
as some object.  The description is on page 7 of the document.
If you were writing in lisp, you could distinguish easily between
'factor   [a symbol with print-name "factor"]
and
 factor   [which could denote its value, perhaps an executable program]

RJF
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org