[om] Standard .. Ontologies for Math

J H Davenport jhd at maths.bath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 8 18:09:29 CEST 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Richard Fateman wrote:
> > My copy (from www.openmath.org) has a review date of 2003-04-01.
> >
> We are obviously on to something big .... we could have 2-year paper
> review periods on condition that the reviewers use the OM time-reversal
> method to get their reports back on time!
The review date is when the file is NEXT scheduled to be reviewed.

> As for the argument of arctangent, perhaps you mean "scalar"?
> But I don't know what that might mean exactly.  Why not
This is precisely the problem - whether one calls it.
> allow arctangent to accept vectors and return vectors, automatically
> mapping over them?
One could, but I think I'd rather build a 'map' operator (as there is
already for lists) so that every function could be treated that way.
> I'm not sure what to do if they are handed some other
> things that might be floating around, like "the color purple".
Right. The point about NumericalValue is that it is meant to exclude "the
color purple" etc. Quite how one says that formally I don't know.
James

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org