[om] a small suggestion re CDs

Andreas Strotmann strotman at cs.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 27 01:39:33 CEST 2002

I just noticed that there is a bit of an inconsistency in the pattern of
arguments of operators that take both a set and a function operating on
that set as an argument -- map, suchthat, sum, product, definite
integral...

Some of them take the set as a first argument and the function as a
second, some do it the other way around.

Let's try and be more consistent in the future.

Personally, I prefer the version with the function(s) first and the set(s)
last, but it doesn't really matter which one it is as long as there is
some consistency.  It's like a naming scheme -- not crucial, but helpful.

 -- Andreas

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org