[om] Re: Bugs in OpenMath standard draft 3

Bill Naylor Bill.Naylor at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Nov 25 02:29:31 CET 2003

Another (possible) bug in the schema for CDs the FMP element is declared
as:

FMP = element FMP { text-or-om }

surely a textual FMP is not very formal, I would have thought this should
be:

FMP = element FMP { OMOBJ }

I have a suggestion for making the CDStatus and Role elements more
specific in the schema. Rather than just insisting on text content, could
they be declared as:

CDStatus = element {"official" | "experimental" | "private" | "obsolete"}

and

Role = element {"binder" | "attribution" | "semantic-attribution" |
"error" | "default"}

This would enable greater validation, or am I missing something?

Bill

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org