[om] Re: OpenMath 2 draft 6c available

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri May 21 16:39:26 CEST 2004

On 14-May-04, at 18:20 Uhr, David Carlisle wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the 6th draft of OpenMath 2 is now
> available:
>
> http://www.openmath.org/standard/om20-2004-05-11
>
> There have only been minor editorial changes (as previously discussed
> on
> this list) since the 5th draft and this is expected to be ratified as
> the final version of OpenMath 2 at the forthcoming meeting in Helsinki
> (May 21-22).
>
> If there are further comments on this draft it would be helpful if they
> could be submitted before the meeting,

As mentionned orally, I believe on the section named "References", I'd
wish something like "applications should handle OpenMath objects with
an accompanying URL if any relative reference is to be used, according
to xxx" (I think [7] in there).

Also, I understood that the Xhtml+MathML version is going to be the
reference... great!
May I then request:
- the xhtml thus published is compatible with Annozilla and other
URL-based annotation mechanisms ? I think it would be helpful
- that section titles be made anchors so that we can send around the
URL of a section (it's not explicit currently)

paul
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org