[Om] INDECS: call for papers

Ivana Cace ivana.cace at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 01:10:42 CET 2007

(apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP. Please distribute
among potentially interested people)

Call for papers:

Modelling Related to Poverty and Human Development

The Journal INDECS announces the special issue Modelling Related to
Poverty and Human Development, to be released as INDECS 5(2).

The motivation for that topic is to contribute to the Global Theme
Issue on Poverty and Human Development, initiated by the Council of
Science Editors. In particular, science journals throughout the world
will simultaneously publish papers on this topic of worldwide interest
- to raise awareness, stimulate interest, and stimulate research into
poverty and human development.

Human Development and Poverty are situated within a complex web of
factors of both local and global scale: environmental, political,
economic, religious, personal and other. We are looking for papers
that describe parts of this network and analyse the relationships
between the many factors that play a part in poverty and human
development.

We hope that you will participate in this initiative by submitting
articles for the special issue, in order to help shed some light on
these important issues. Both papers presenting original research as
well as viewpoint and review articles, are invited. We do not wish to
pose strict limits on length, but we do encourage authors not to use
more words than the topic requires.

Research methods we are interested in include (but are not limited to)
simulations, agent based or otherwise, or other descriptive models of
complex real-world systems. The target research areas could be any of
a number of topics, that in some way relate to human development and
poverty. For example, in no particular order: urbanisation, war,
charity, over-fishing, trade, improved access to information, disease
threats, recent liberalisation trends in utilities, public traffic,
public health care, corruption, migration, human trafficking, energy
demands. Insights in to the research methods themselves are also
welcome, answering questions like: How to compare simulation results
with data?

Prospective authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of
approximately 500 words by April 15, in order to enable us to give
feedback in an early stage. The deadline for full papers is June 1,
2007, to allow sufficient time for review process. The common
publication date for all the journals participating in this theme
issue will be Monday, October 22, 2007.

Joanna Bryson and Ivana Čače,
Guest editors

The official web site of the Scientific Journal INDECS can be found at:
http://indecs.znanost.org/
Questions, comments and suggestions please send to: indecs at znanost.org
Last modified: 30 January, 2007.