[Om] Content-dictionary notations draft

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 17:08:09 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> please find at:
>     http://eds.activemath.org/?q=en/node/81
> a first draft specifying the elements that can describe mathematical
> notations associated to each symbols.
Thanks for this, Paul.
I don't quite understand the factorial example: isn't there as ! m9ssing
from the presentation, somehow?

> The idea is to provide space for a declarative encoding of the
> "default renderings" of each symbol-usage pattern which can be
> inserted into (enhanced) content-dictionaries. It should allow tools
> to graspe them and offer quality rendering even for symbols "just
> found in a CD file encountered on the sidewalk".
As Paul knows, I personally believe that they belong ALONGSIDE the CD,
ratehr than IN them: see
http://staff.bath.ac.uk/masjhd/Drafts/Utility.pdf
but the debate is worth having.
James