[Om] name of OMS

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 12:24:19 CEST 2008

> But then, wouldn't OpenMath 3 be a good opportunity to get rid of
> old-fashioned namespace replacements?  We've had XML namespaces for almost 10
> years now, after all.

If we'd had them for 20 years then almost certainly we wouldn't have to
have om:OMA or m:mrow, and could have had om:A and m:row but 10 years
ago  was just a few months too late for both OM and MathML to use this....

I refer to Michael's accurate prediction of my gut reaction to any
suggestion of changing names at this stage:-)

David