[Om] name of OMS

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 13:15:09 CEST 2008

James

> As regads CDDefinition I am not quite so conservative: my gut feeling is
> that Christoph's tools do nearly all the CD-reading there is, and, IF OM3
> is going to change the structure of CDs any way, we might as well
> modernise in the process.

is it really the case that there are so few CD reading tools? The OM
community is not that large in any case so clearly there are not going
to be hundreds of different applications, but there are the stylesheets
for displaying CD, and I am sure I have been to talks where theorem
proving and geometry systems have been reading/writing CD. For any given
system it probably isn't that hard to update it with name changes
(especially if it is just a global change to drop "CD" from all the
names, and just rely on the namespace for uniqueness) but I'd fear that
actually such a change may be enough to kill OM support in some systems
if the OM was added during an earllier, EU supported, phase and that
part of the code is now running on autopilot.

David