[Om] Binary Encoding in org.symcomp.openmath

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Thu Feb 12 17:33:12 CET 2009

Richard Fateman wrote:
> One of the obvious attributes of the notation developed by OM, and one
> that it shares with XML,  is  "it compresses well".  ;)

while that is good for disk space and network bandwidth, does not really
help for processing. If we have to uncompress to XML, we still have the
large parsing job and the large DOM objects in memory :-(

Michael
> RJF

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * on Sabbatical in Auckland (NZ) until VII/2009