[Om] Questions about representing units

mdt22 at bath.ac.uk mdt22 at bath.ac.uk
Sat Feb 21 22:15:22 CET 2009

Dear Christoph,

I am currently taking on the project titled: Development of an
extensible OpenMath-based unit converter.

At the moment i am about 2 weeks into the implementation and have
almost finished getting the system working with command line, then the
next stage for me is to get it working as a web service and hence
getting the two ends talking to one another (this sounds like
something u are trying to achieve to!).

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks there will be a web version
accessible to all (i'll let you know when its avilable).

tbh my time is quite limited; at the moment i have just limited the
input/output units to only converting between matching same dimensions
as given in the .sts files, also i am finding it hard to get
speed/accelerations working since they are quite different than
standard units.

I hope thats useful to you, let me know any questions you have.

Regards,

Mike