[Om] maple to mathematica translator

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 17:26:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, March 31, 2009 4:00 pm, Jacques Carette wrote:
> Probably not what the people on the OM list want to hear, but ever since
Given that Content MathML and OpenMath are converging, why shouldn't we?
> Maple 7 and Mathematica 5 (whatever was released in 2001, see
> http://www.w3.org/Math/iandi/ for example), through MathML one can
> 'translate' between the two systems.  This is automatic via
> cut-and-paste of MathML.
>
> The quality of the translation is depending on the quality of the MathML
Indeed. If, as I suspected, the original poster was looking at converting
programs from one to the other, then I suspect the quality is pretty poor.
> services of each implementation.  But I remember people demoing some
> non-trivial cut-and-paste between these two products in 2002.

James Davenport
Visiting Full Professor, University of Waterloo
Otherwise:
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology and
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor and Programme Chair, OpenMath 2009
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication