[Om] Accessing arguments of an n-ary operator as indexed list items (in a definition)

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Thu May 7 20:55:51 CEST 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 10:40:41 David Carlisle wrote:
> The translations of MathML n-ary usage as appearing in the editors draft
> at
> http://monet.nag.co.uk/~dpc/draft-spec/chapter4.html
> (ignorigning various special cases)
>
> essentially treats the n-ary usage as synonymous for
>
> apply_to_list
>    intersectionOf
>    list
>       x1
>       xn

Thanks, David, that's exactly what I've been looking for!

> so in if you actually want the indexed list you could have
>

> apply_to_list
>    intersectionOf
>    map
>     integer_interval
>        0
>    lambda
>       x(i)

Indeed, assuming the existence of such a function x(i) seems more elegant than
assuming the existence of a list variable and decomposing that list using
list3#length and list3#entry.

See https://trac.omdoc.org/OMDoc/ticket/1506 for the complete formalization I
figured out for our problem.

Cheers,