[Om] Multistep "equation" symbol?

Jan Willem Knopper jknopper at win.tue.nl
Wed May 13 12:17:30 CEST 2009

Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> Sorry for my late entry into this discussion and keeping you waiting.

Heh and sorry for my late entry... I've been part of a previous
discussion on this subject, but didn't feel I had anything new to add
until now.

> What needs to be done is to formulate a CD and propose it to the OM
> Society for inclusion. Here is what I would do: Propose a CD (relation5
> maybe) and add a single CDDefinition in it. Crucially, we should have a
> FMP that explains it: Let me say this in mockOM (where @ stands for OMA)
>
> @(M,a_0,R_1,a_1,R_2\ldots,R_n,a_n) = @(and,@(R_1,a_0,a_1),
> @(M,a_1,R_2\ldots,R_n,a_n))

This sounds good, but I would suggest to consider also adding a
convenience method in the same CD for the case where R_1=R_2=...=R_n=R .

Then this could be something like
@(M,R,a_0,a_1,\ldots,a_n) = @(and,@(R,a_0,a_1),@(M,R,a_1,\ldots,a_n))

Would this be a good idea ?

Regards,