[Om] CfP -- ACA 2010 Special Session on Computer Algebra in Knowledge Based Applications

Volker Sorge V.Sorge at cs.bham.ac.uk
Sat Apr 3 00:06:41 CEST 2010

       [ We apologise if you receive multiple copies ]

	   Announcement and Call for Presentations

	        ACA 2010 Special Session
		         on
     Computer Algebra in Knowledge Based Applications

Held at the conference ACA'2010, June 24-27, 2010, in Vlore, Albania.

Webpages:
http://events.cs.bham.ac.uk/aca10              (Special Session)
http://aca2010.info/index.php/aca2010/aca2010  (Conference)

Overview:

Symbolic Computation techniques are playing a significant role outside
its traditional application areas in Computer Algebra. Over recent
decades they have been successfully employed in several areas of
traditional artificial intelligent systems such as automated
reasoning, constraint solving or interactive tutoring. Conversely
intelligent and knowledge based techniques have made their way into
main stream symbolic computation such as the integration of equational
reasoning into Computer Algebra systems. In this session we will be
interested in a variety of application of symbolic computation in
knowledge based artificial intelligence systems and vice versa of
incorporation of AI techniques and mathematical knowledge into
computer algebra. We will also be interested in representation issues
arising from these combinations as well as in the role played by
ontologies in linking symbolic computation and AI as illustrated by
Wolfram|Alpha.  The scope of the session therefore includes the
following topics:

 -- System combinations and integrations
 -- Knowledge acquisition and representation
 -- Application areas

Call for Contributions:

   If you are interested in giving a presentation at this session,
   please email an abstract to one of the organisers. Presentations
   will be up to 30 min in length, including time for discussion.

   Deadline: The tentative deadline for submissions is May 21st, 2010.

   Publication: Selected contributions will be considered for
      inclusion in a special issue of the Journal of Mathematics and
      Artificial Intelligence.

Session Organisers:

    Volker Sorge, University of Birmingham, UK.  V.Sorge at cs.bham.ac.uk
    Jacques Calmet, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany.  calmet at ira.uka.de