[Om] Natural Numbers as Linked Data [Fwd: KIT releases 14 billion triples to the Linked Open Data cloud]

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Wed Apr 7 23:04:30 CEST 2010

Dear all,

  this is an interesting effort.  They basically publish
machine-understandable information (RDF in this case) about all, well,
actually just _some_, natural numbers and sketch how to integrate this with
other datasets, and what benefits it will have.

This clearly shows that the semantic web community is interested in numbers,
and obviously we can help them, because we understand numbers.  It turned out
that the principal investigator behind this effort is my co-author from that
WebSci paper I mentioned in previous mails.  I have started negotiations with
him, trying to promote OpenMath as a part of the greater solution.

If you read more closely you will understand why I should really have
forwarded this great announcement right on the day of its appearance.
Nevertheless, all of what I said above is true, I _do_ consider such a
collaboration beneficial for us.

Cheers,

Christoph