[Om] TEI spec has outdated links to OM [Re: TEI refers to OpenMath and OMDoc]

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Sun Aug 1 17:54:41 CEST 2010

  Dear Christoph,

thanks for the notification. We should definitely make the redirections,
but also notify the TEI people about the correct URIs.

I would be happy to make the notification. I know someone who is
involved with TEI (Thomas Rommel), but David may also know people in TEI.

Maybe we can make an issue on the TRAC about this, so that we do not
lose track of this.

Michael

On 01.08.10 00:34, Christoph LANGE wrote:
> Hi Paul,

>> It would be polite to fix such things by a redirect on our side, or?
> Indeed you're right about that.  Still, there are some other changes
> (MathML/OpenMath alignment, etc.) about which we should probably notify them
> in a politically correct way.  Or, for example, I think it's really not
> necessary that their primary link to OpenMath is nag.co.uk (which, however,
> redirects properly).
>
>> Can you list all of them?
> Here they are:
>
>> The OpenMath Standard (http://www.openmath.org/V2/standard/index.html) consists of specifications for
> Maybe that should be http://www.openmath.org/standard/om20-2004-06-30/
>
>>     1. OpenMath objects, representing the structure of formulæ (http://www.openmath.org/V2/standard/objects.html);
> http://www.openmath.org/standard/om20-2004-06-30/omstd20html-2.xml#cha_obj ?
>
>>     2. Content Dictionaries, providing semantic context (http://www.openmath.org/V2/standard/cd.html);
> http://www.openmath.org/standard/om20-2004-06-30/omstd20html-4.xml#cha_cd ?
>
>>     3. Encodings, both binary (http://www.openmath.org/V2/standard/binary.html)
> http://www.openmath.org/standard/om20-2004-06-30/omstd20html-3.xml#sec_binary
>
>> and XML (http://www.openmath.org/V2/standard/xml.html).
> http://www.openmath.org/standard/om20-2004-06-30/omstd20html-3.xml#sec_xml
>
> A Google search for "link:openmath.org site:tei-c.org" does not list more than
> these.  BTW, it seems that their text on OpenMath has not changed from TEI P4
> (2002) to P5 (2007).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

  Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,        Office: Research 1, Room 62
  Professor of Computer Science  Campus Ring 1,
  Jacobs University Bremen           D-28759 Bremen, Germany
  tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140  skype: m.kohlhase
  m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase