[Om] Tuple and list : any distinction?

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 10:46:21 CET 2010

On Fri, February 19, 2010 9:14 am, Olga Caprotti wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I also think that you might need a new CD - unless you find something in
> the new ones from the interGeo efforts:
> http://i2geo.net/xwiki/bin/view/Main/About
>
> (if it is geometry you are interested in)
>
> I do not think the Pair-Tuple symbols from ecc is what you want to use
> for a coordinate system.
I think I agree: that Tuple is basically a "data structure" and what you
really want is a representation of the mathematics. I, at least, often
find it difficult to separate the two in my mind, especially in a cae like
this where the mathematics is so close to the data structure. Is it the
cae that you (Joe) want objects such as
[cartesian, X, Y, Z]
[Polar, r, theta, phi]
and so on?
If so, that does look indeed like Intergeo territory - would Paul like to
comment?

James Davenport
Recently: Visiting Full Professor, University of Waterloo
Now back as:
Lecturer on XX10190, CM30070, CM30078/50123, CM50209
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor and Programme Chair, OpenMath 2009
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication