[Om] Adding DLMF links to CDs [Re: How to translate csymbol/@definitionURL]

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Sun Jul 18 01:13:07 CEST 2010

Le 17-juil.-10 à 23:08, David Carlisle a écrit :

> However if you wanted to make the assrtion in openmath you want to say
> OM sin is same as dmlf sin so something like
>
>  <OMOBJ>
>     <OMA>
>       <OMS cd="owl" name="sameAs"/>
>       <OMS cd="transc1" name="sin"/>
>       <OMS cd="dmlf" name="sin"/>
>     </OMA>
> </OMOBJ>

I think Christoph wants to link *some symbol* to an external place
which probably also describes it. Whether transc1#sin or another is
not important.
What you propose above just pushes the problem further: how do you
annotate dlmf#sin to be related to the DLMF's sin?

Isn't it pretty obvious that treating in OpenMath things outside
OpenMath is problematic?

Don't we need some "functors" down here that would "create an OpenMath
something" based on some external description? Here's my 2p, using  a
functor external1#dlmf-description which would be interpreted as "a
symbol defined in the text pointed at the named URL with the classical
rigor of DLMF".

<FMP><OMOBJ>
   <OMA><OMS cd="relation1" name="eq"/>
         <OMS cd="transc1" name="sin"/>
	<OMA>
		<OMS cd="external1" name="dlmf-description"/>
		<OMSTR>http://dlmf.nist.gov/4.14.E1</OMSTR>
	</OMA>
</OMA>
</OMOBJ></FMP>

I would tend to feel this as being cleaner.
And I have no preference between relation1#eq and owl#sameAs. I think
the more interesting question is what would be the equivalence of
subclass statements.

paul