[Om] OpenMath 2010

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Sun Jul 18 16:29:15 CEST 2010

On Sun, July 18, 2010 12:40 pm, Michael Kohlhase
begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting wrote:
>   Dear James,
>
> this is a very impressive record of the part of CICM you witnessed.
>
> May I humbly suggest that it would be even better if you used a publich
> blog system (whith the appropriate keywords CICM2010, CCA2010, MKM2010,
> ...) for the posts? That would make the conferences more visible to the
> outside world, as blog posts are indexed by search engines (whereas
> papers are not). Also people could answer to your posts.
Good point, though I am not sure I mean theseto be open day for permanent
dialogue. They ARE linked off my home apge, and I believe Google follows
them, though a rapid attempt to check this didn't prove convincing. I'll
have to check in more detail.
> I know that using LaTeX in a local editor is more convenient than using
> a blog engine, but the added publicity has its value as well. If you do
But also allows me to contrustc all the business mintes etc by \include,
whci I don't see how to do otherwise.
> not have access to a blog engine, then we would be happy to make you an
> account on the KWARC blog.
I believe I have enough blogs available to me.

On a different front, I did well by MENTIONING a LaTeX article in a blog,
and people said they had all read it. Maybe I should do this.

James Davenport
Lecturer on XX10190, CM30070, CM30078/50123, CM50209
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor and Programme Chair, OpenMath 2009
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication
Council of the British Computer Society
Federal Council, International Foundation for Computational Logic