[Om] Lots of our CDs (mostly the experimental ones) don't have a CDBase

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 21:06:18 CEST 2011

On 22/07/2011 18:03, Christoph Lange wrote:
> Hi David, hi Paul,
>
> I got the information that the CDBase is mandatory from the standard
> section 4.2 "abstract CDs":

ah yes.

> That clearly does not suggest that the CDBase is optional

agreed, seems when this part was added we didn't clearly keep it aligned
with the (older) other bits. Hmm.  Although one could read this as
saying that the abstract CD model has a CDBase property but the
reference concrete syntax doesn't make it explicit. (But also doesn't
say how th eproperty should be inferred s= other is a spec bug somewhere)

> About the CDBase of a CD my opinion is that we should not make it
> default to http://www.openmath.org/cd, as the requirements are
> different from writing OMOBJs.

agreed it shouldn't default to openmath,org, but at least in the case
that there's a CDURL (as there is in arith3 for example) defaulting
CDBase to the bit of CDURL up to the last / would seem to make sense
(since that is the inverse of the default way of constructing a URI from
the CDBase and CDName) The other possible way of defaulting it if not
specified would be to take the base URI of the CDfile being read,
but as noted above the standard ought to have said either that it should
be explicit or how to default it.

> So I think I will (maybe rather tomorrow than today):
>
> * add CDBases to all CDs in www/cdfiles2/cd
> * add a check for CDBase to the validation XSLT

agree to the above, yes.

> … but in addition to that we'd also need to fix the RelaxNG (if you
> agree with my above reasoning).

The Relax is a normative part of the standard (section 4.3) so I don't
think that can just be edited in place, we need to open a ticket and
incorporate any changes (if we decide they are needed) next time (or in
a separate errata document or whatever we decide the process is)

David

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle