[Om] Going real with the OpenMath CD Linked Data

Paul Libbrecht paul at hoplahup.net
Tue Jul 26 13:12:24 CEST 2011

Christoph,

one version is active now. It was manually contributed by our sysadmin and worked for the xhtml case.
Another version is coming up in a few minutes which is almost the same as your file.

thanks for feedback
There's an amount of URLs that need to be checked, including:
- http://www.openmath.org/cd/cdname.xhtml
- http://www.openmath.org/cd/cdname (with a diversity of accept headers)
- http://www.openmath.org/cd/cdname.html (historical)
- http://www.openmath.org/cd/cdname.xml (historical)
Maybe we need to add more redirects.

I am wondering if redirect (303 in your case) is the right thing to do.
I believe it is ok to actually server the resource, which gives all the right headers, under
  http://www.openmath.org/cd/cdname
or?

Robin Berjon had a particularly nice post here:
   http://berjon.com/blog/2009/12/xmlbp-non-http-namespaces.html
where he says... don't name the technology of your namespace document! Another day it's going to be another technology... I understand this as the fact that we should share URLs without the nitty gritty details that made us use .xml one day and .xhtml another day... just use one name and do the right thing (of today and in the future).

paul