[Om] CfP: Math Information Retrieval Worksohp 14. July 2012

m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Thu Mar 29 18:20:20 CEST 2012

[apologies for multiple copies]

             MIR 2012 Workshop (Mathematics Information Retrieval)
             July 14. 2011
             at CICM 2012, Bremen Germany
	     http://cicm2012.cicm-conference.org/cicm.php?event=mir

The MIR Workshop brings together researchers working on information retrieval for
mathematical document collections for discussions and friendly systems
competition.

Workshop format:
===========

The MIR Workshop will consist of a traditional-style scientific program with
presentations of submitted papers in the half-day Math IR Symposium together
with the Math IR happening, where workshop participants competitively or jointly
solve a set of Math IR challenges and submit their solutions to a panel of
mathematician judges.

Important dates:
- Symposium:
   Paper Submission:        May 20. 2012
   Notification:                 May 28. 2012
   Final Versions:		June 15. 2012

- Happening:
   Dataset available:         now
   System Registration:    May 20. 2012

Organizers:
Michael Kohlhase, Jacobs University (PC co-chair)
Petr Sojka, Brno University  (PC co-chair)

Math IR Symposium at MIR 2012
====================
http://cicm2012.cicm-conference.org/cicm.php?event=mir&menu=symposium

The Math IR Symposium is a traditional-style workshop with scientific
contributions about mathematics information retrieval. Topics include but not
limited to:

-  requirements for mathematics information retrieval: use cases and typical queries
-  formula search algorithms
-  semantically enhancing mathematical corpora for IR
-  extracting semantic relations from corpora.
-   evaluation of MIR (methods and test corpora)

Math IR Happening at MIR 2012
http://cicm2012.cicm-conference.org/cicm.php?event=mir&menu=happening

A friendly competition for the systems presented at the workshop. Since math
information retrieval is still quite young and developing, we will not make this
an official competition, but a happening, where we get together and test our
system on a common set of problems.  We expect the happening to transcend the
workshop proper.