[Om] getting started with openMath

Mickael Gastineau gastineau at imcce.fr
Tue Oct 9 20:47:02 CEST 2012

If you want to communicate with other CAS, you should have a look to the SCSCP protocol desgiedn by the SCIEnce project.
It allows to communicate in a client/server manner.
The clients and servers have been designed for  several CAS, such as maple, mathematica, gap, macaulay2, trip, ....

You can design your own client or server using the C or C++ API (http://www.imcce.fr/trip/scscp) or the Java API (http://java.symcomp.org/)
I designed the C/C++ library.

It will be easy to design a client for the  function solveFor.

This function corresponds to the following example (C or C++):

http://www.imcce.fr/trip/scscp/doc/scscp.html#Design-a-SCSCP-C_002b_002b-client

http://www.imcce.fr/trip/scscp/doc/scscp.html#Design-a-SCSCP-C-client

In these examples, you can retrieve the openmath expression as a string  (see solution 2).

Several examples are available in the directory examples of the C/C++ library.

The SCIEnce project is available at : http://www.sympcomp.org (but it seems that the website is down for the moment).

Mickaël