[Om] Tutorial or example collection for OpenMath?

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Fri Mar 7 13:14:37 CET 2014

Michael Kohlhase writes:

 > I think that standardization is very important, where possible (and the
 > OpenMath CDs are just this), but the extensibility (everyone can have
 > their own CDs if there is not standard) is essential for two reasons: 1)
 > it is the way to propose standard CDs, and not everywhere will we get
 > consensus, and we can still use the OpenMath infrastructure.

Is there any mechanism for establishing collaborative efforts for
developing CDs? To cite a concrete example, if I want to launch
an effort for developing a CD for numerical methods, what would
be the best way to reach potential collaborators?

Judging from how people in my own field work, I'd just start a
project on GitHub and announce it on various mailing lists.
Are there any precedents for such bottom-up approaches?

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France