[Om] ARW'15: Call for Abstracts and Grant Applications

Volker Sorge V.Sorge at cs.bham.ac.uk
Sun Feb 15 18:20:46 CET 2015

      [ We apologise if you receive multiple copies ]

22nd  Automated Reasoning Workshop  (ARW'15)

      9-10 April 2015
  University of Birmingham

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/go/sdag/arw15/

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATIONS

GENERAL INFORMATION

The 22nd Automated Reasoning Workshop (ARW 2015) will be held
at the University of Birmingham on 9-10 April 2015.

SCOPE

The workshop provides an informal forum for the automated reasoning
community to discuss recent work, new ideas and applications, and
current trends. It aims to bring together researchers from all areas
of automated reasoning in order to foster links among researchers from
various disciplines; among theoreticians, implementers and users
alike.

Topics include but are not limited to:

- Theorem proving in classical and non-classical logics;
- Interactive theorem proving, logical frameworks, proof assistants,
  proof planning
- Reasoning methods:
  * Saturation-based, instantiation-based, tableau, SAT
  * Equational reasoning, unification
  * Constraint satisfaction
  * Decision procedures, SMT
  * Combining reasoning systems
  * Non-monotonic reasoning, commonsense reasoning,
  * Abduction, induction
  * Model checking, model generation, explanation
- Formal methods to specifying, deriving, transforming and verifying
  computer systems, requirements and software
- Logic-based knowledge representation and reasoning:
  * Ontology engineering and reasoning
  * Domain specific reasoning (spatial, temporal, epistemic,agents, etc)
- Logic and functional programming, deductive databases
- Implementation issues and empirical results, demos
- Practical experience and applications of automated reasoning

The workshop will be highly interactive, giving all attendees an
opportunity to participate. There will be sessions for displaying
posters and presenting system demonstrations, and open discussion
sessions organised around specific topics:

Inference and Systems Biology
and
Verification of Quantum Protocols

The discussion sessions will follow the invited lectures devoted to
these topics.

INVITED SPEAKERS

Oliver Ray
University of Bristol

Florian Kammueller
Middlesex University London and TU Berlin

SUBMISSIONS

We invite the submission of camera-ready, two-page extended abstracts
about recent work, work in progress, or a system description.  The
abstract can describe work that has already been published
elsewhere. The main objective of the abstracts is to spread
information about recent work in our community, and we expect to
accept most on-topic submissions, but we may ask for revisions.

Please send you submission via Easychair at
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=arw15

To prepare your submission, please use the ARW LaTeX style file
provided from the workshop website. Each submission should include the
names and complete addresses (including email) of all authors.  For
the final versions we require all sources (tex file and any input
files).

PUBLICATION DETAILS

Abstracts will be published in informal workshop notes and will be
made available on the workshop page.

PRESENTATIONS

Each workshop participant will be asked to give a short talk (5-10
minutes) to introduce their research. Each participant will also be
allocated space in a poster session (poster size up to A0), where they
can further present and discuss their work. Please prepare posters for
the event.

STUDENT GRANTS

We have a limited number of grants available to support PhD students
in attending the event. If you are interested submit an application by
27 February. Please refer to the workshop website for details.

IMPORTANT DATES

  27 Feb 2015  Student grant application deadline
   9 Mar 2015  Abstract submission deadline
  13 Mar 2015  Abstract notification
  20 Mar 2015  Final version due
9/10 Apr 2015  Workshop

ARW ORGANISING COMMITTEE

Alexander Bolotov
Simon Colton
David Crocker
Louise Dennis
Clare Dixon
Jacques Fleuriot
Ullrich Hustadt
Mateja Jamnik
Katya Komendantskaya
Alice Miller
Renate Schmidt
Volker Sorge

LOCAL ORGANISERS

Volker Sorge

CONTACT
Please address any queries about the workshop to
arw15 at easychair.org.