[Om] OpenMath Organization at github

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Sun Jul 3 17:03:51 CEST 2016

Dear Paul,

On 02/07/16 14:47, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
>> I created an OpenMath organization on github. The proximate cause is
>> that some member of the
>> OpenDreamKit project are creating an OpenMath Phrasebook for phython
>> and we wanted to have
>> a good home for that.
> Ok. And Kwarc or the OpenMath SVN were not sufficient. Right?
Well they were at the time, but now we are trying to divest on TRAC and
SVN for GIT (a mixture of GitLab and GitHub for my group). The proposed
move is part of this.
>> I think we should eventually move the OpenMath assets to github
> that's fine by me.
>> and the OpenMath web pages to GH-pages.
> Mmmmh, that looks a bit more critical to me. At least the current
> OpenMath website is not a collection of single documents mapped to
> single html pages as are the normal GitHub websites. In particular,
> several lists and different presentation media are generated from
> source data such as the content-dictionaries.
Yes that is true, and I think we can do that.
> The static website production system we have can be seen as a
> prehistoric case of static-site-generator as is the current fashion
> now with Jekyll or Assemble tools (see https://www.staticgen.com).
> As far as I know, GitHub web pages do not allow a flexible upload from
> statically generated html pages. Or does it?
On another site we use travis-ci for doing that. It works quite well.
> Moving to such a more modern static site generation is certainly
> useful but does take some time.
yes, this is a longer-term project, but it would be good to start now. I
have started on a  jekyll-based page in the repository
https://github.com/OpenMath/Openmath.github.io (for some reason
http://openmath.github.io redirects to http://openmath.org directly).
But that I am sure can be fixed.

Michael

> paul

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,        Office: Research 1, Room 168
 Professor of Computer Science  Campus Ring 1,
 Jacobs University Bremen           D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140  skype: mibein42
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase