[Om] The OpenMath Standard on GitHub

Michael Kohlhase kohlhase at kwarc.info
Tue Jul 4 09:18:24 CEST 2017

Dear OpenMath Enthusiasts,

The OpenMath Busniness Meeting in July 2016 decided that we need a
revision of the OpenMath Standard e.g. to make content MathML an
official OpenMath encoding, to clarify the role of XML 1.1 and the
licensing of the OpenMath Standard Document, fix errors/typos, ... [1]

In the process of developing these, we opened a GitHub repository for
the (current) OpenMath Standard [2] to allow controlled and transparent
standard development (issues, tracking changes, ... ). David Carlisle
completely reworked and updated the standard presentation workflow and
automated it via GitHub's continuous integration facility (travis), the
results are automatically pushed to the OpenMath web site (new) at [3]
(as an "editor's draft").

We intend to decide on the new edition on the OpeMath Society Business
Meeting at the OpenMath Workshp in Edinburgh on July 17. [4]

[1] https://openmath.github.io/public/minutes/OM2016.pdf

[2] https://github.com/OpenMath/OMSTD

[3] https://openmath.github.io/standard/om20-editors-draft/omstd20.html

[4]
<https://openmath.github.io/standard/om20-editors-draft/omstd20.html>
http://www.cicm-conference.org/2017/cicm.php?event=openmath

Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,  http://kwarc.info/kohlhase, skype: mibein42

Professur für Wissensrepräsentation & -verarbeitung
  Informaitk, FAU Erlangen Nürnberg, Martensstr. 3, D-91058 Erlangen, Room 11.139,
  tel/fax: (49) 9131-85-64052/55, michael.kohlhase at fau.de