[Om] Symbol question: interval1:oriented_interval

Michael Kohlhase michael.kohlhase at fau.de
Wed Nov 7 07:22:09 CET 2018

Dear Deyan,

thanks for the report and keeping your eyes open

Dear David,

thanks for fixing this quickly.

BTW, did you check whether there have been other regressions on the CDs?

Michael

On 06.11.18 16:12, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 05/11/2018 16:23, Deyan Ginev wrote:
> > Dear OpenMath working group,
> >
> > I am uncertain if I should address this question to the OM team or the
> > w3c math list, but hopefully the member overlap makes this a non-issue.
> >
> > I am working on some infrastructure for representing integrals in
> strict
> > Content MathML (in the latexml software suite), and noticed a suggested
> > best practice in the official specification:
> >

> https://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter4.html#contm.domainofapplication.qualifier
> >
> > " If the head is int then oriented_interval is used. " - referring to a
> > symbol in the interval1 content dictionary.
> >
> > Strangely enough, following that link leads to a CD that contains no
> > such symbol. I am wondering whether the CD itself, or the Content
> MathML
> > specification examples need correction, but the discrepancy is
> > definitely confusing.
> >
> > Luckily the fully opaque "interval" symbol seems to be a good
> short-term
> > alternative in the meantime.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Deyan
> >

> https://www.openmath.org/cd/interval1#oriented_interval
>
> Thanks for the report
>
> David
>

> *Disclaimer*
>
> The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England
> and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
> Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.
> Please see our Privacy Notice
> <https://www.nag.co.uk/content/privacy-notice> for information on how
> we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit
> communications from us.
>
> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have
> been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software
> as a Service (SaaS) for business.

Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,  http://kwarc.info/kohlhase, skype: mibein42

Professur für Wissensrepräsentation & -verarbeitung
  Informatik, FAU Erlangen Nürnberg, Martensstr. 3, D-91058 Erlangen, Room 11.139,
  tel/fax: (49) 9131-85-64052/55, michael.kohlhase at fau.de