[Om] Use w3id.org/openmath/ for redirections

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 11:52:35 CEST 2023

On 19/06/2023 10:36, svcmathdoxmail at tue.nl<mailto:svcmathdoxmail at tue.nl> wrote:

Some people who received this message don't often get email from svcmathdoxmail at tue.nl<mailto:svcmathdoxmail at tue.nl>. Learn why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>

Hello Ken,

Any reason why an element such as the following could not be used in the named index.html?

Thanks
Paul

see the discussion where this was raised at

https://github.com/OpenMath/om-rdf/issues/3

an HTML redirect works if you are serving html to a cooperating html agent that forwards to the new URL, but if you have a non html agent directly accessing the URL it will never parse html  to find the < meta  > element. That is (I think) the situation here for the rdf ontologies, so you need a server that lets you redirect on the server, not relying on client side redirects.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)