[Om] Use w3id.org/openmath/ for redirections

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 12:20:04 CEST 2023

On 19/06/2023 11:05, svcmathdoxmail at tue.nl wrote:
> I’d challenge this. The required HTML parsing is common-good and
> static serving is sooooo precious and widespread that all tools really
> really have an interest into supporting this. Think of GitHub page or
> netlify.

Yes, github pages is the issue here as that's hosting openmath.org

It would be nice if the rdf tools honoured this, but do they? certainly
systems like wget or curl that directly access url do not, but would
follow server specified redirects.

For example

https://openmath.org/cd/arith1.xhtml

in a browser shows a CD rendering (from https://openmath.org/cd/arith1) but

wget https://openmath.org/cd/arith1.xhtml

does not give you the CD html, just a small file with <meta
http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=arith1" /> which specifies the
redirect to a html agent

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)