[Om3] [Om] svn.openmath.org is now opened

James Davenport J.H.Davenport at bath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 16:19:36 CEST 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, W Naylor wrote:
> dimensions1.ocd
> physical_consts1.ocd
> units_*.ocd
> should be grouped into a group/directory (are we talking CDGroups here?)
I don't think we are NECESSARILY talking CDGroups here.
> perhaps called physical_entitites. I further would prepose that dimension1
> should be split into primary dimensions and derived dimensions (I think
> this was suggested before - either James or Arjeh?) though there is some
> question as to which symbols should be the primary ones.
Not, I think, me. One could, but what's the point. A primary one would be
one with no FMP relating it to others, and it might be tedious to have to
remember whether a dimension was primary or not.
I think SI have defined which are primary, in the sense that they are
those for whihc the unit is fundamental.
> other groups I would suggest are:
> polynomials:
>From the CDGroup point of view, certainly.
Since they have been refereed, it is my view that they ought now to be
moved into Official (with the appropriate status change).

James