[Om3] OMS and OMV contents?

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri Jul 13 15:35:43 CEST 2007

Le 13 juil. 07 à 15:17, David Carlisle a écrit :
>> So the whole "non-plain-text" content of csymbol or ci (and cn I
>> think) should be changed deprecated.
> Calling it deprecated or legacy or not canonical, has some fine
> differences in meaning but I think that we agree that we should
> clearly
> mark this usage as a mathml (2) feature that it isn't used in the
> part of mathml3 that maps to openmath, and so it isn't really
> Openmath's
> problem at all, but the mathml3 spec will need to (or at least could)
> say something about  what the canonical equivalent form is in Openmath
> or MathML. It's true that James' message concentrated on supplying the
> presentation as an attribution embedded in the object, but
> equivalently
> a CD-based notation declaration could also be used.

There's a large part of MathML3's chapter 5 which kind of talks of
this, even with the specific intent of rendering variables.
Is that part of "C-MathML-that-maps-to-OpenMath" ?
I was waiting for this thread to evolve before suggesting to
deprecate to the MathWG, because it will be a shock anyways, right ?

paul