[Om3] DC metadata for content dictionaries

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Wed Feb 27 10:49:08 CET 2008

Le 27 févr. 08 à 05:49, Michael Kohlhase a écrit :

> Adding the whole would give us the opportunity  to add useful
> metadata like licensing and authorship that Paul was asking for.

Someone needs to make an overview here. A quick-list at best, or a
Trac page?
Just to cope for full backwards compatibility two mappings (back and
forth) should be described as well.
Christoph, are you candidate to that ?

Also, the question comes again as to the content-model of some of
these elements (in particular description)... this will clearly be
either DC-prescribed or non-interroperable with some. So I'd rather
avoid any non-plain-text elements of the CDs to be DC-mapped.

> As for extending the DC tagset for CDDefinition, CDExample,... and
> friends, I am all for it (whether we think of CDs as a unity  or
> not). Authorship and Identifier and ... information are sensible
> for the parts as well.

Why is this "extending DC tagset"  and not "just the CD format". At
least I don't see this having place in the DC namespace, right ?

paul