[Om3] HTML versions of the OM3 CDs

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Tue Jan 29 09:08:35 CET 2008

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk wrote:
> On Tue, January 29, 2008 7:22 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
>
>> I have resurrected David Carlisle's stylesheet for presenting the
>> OM3/MathML3 CDs in html. That should give us a better overview over the
>> state of the merging effort.
>>
> Well done - a useful tool.
>
>> Generally, we are currently moving over the MathML material from the
>> *.mcd to the *.ocd files with the hope of eliminating the *.mcd files
>> soon. That will of course lead to a lot of duplicate material that needs
>> to be weeded out. I am currently co-developing the RelaxNG grammar (and
>> the RelaxNG type-checking; see the talk at the JEM workshop) to flush
>> out all the bugs that have accumulated.
>>
> My laptop browser (IE6) displays
> lcm(a,b) = a*b/gcd(a,b)
> Then
> xml prefix mathml

Yes, I have notice the spurious letters here, I think we need to have
xml declarations for utf8 in the *.ocd, but I have not done that yet.
> but I can see there is a bunch of OM behind this.
>
> However, there are some problems here.
>
> ForAll(x,lcm(x,1)=x)  contradicts
> for all integers a,b | There does not exist a c>0 such that c/a is an
> Integer and c/b is an Integer and lcm(a,b) > c.
> (consider lcm(-2,1)).
>
> This is the sort of bug we NEED to weed out, and which this tool certainly
> helps me see.

Exactly!, but you will get an even nicer tool in Barcelona :-).
> James Davenport
> Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
> Formerly RAE Coordinator
> Still Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
> Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123
> Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
> OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007