[Om3] CDSignatures/@cd, CDSignatures/@type: how to resolve?

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri May 9 13:27:24 CEST 2008

James

  Sorry - poor wording on my part. What I meant to say is "what is meant by
  'the standard arith1'?". As I see it, in the absence of an EXPLICIT
  CDbase, the application is meant to know, either inherently OR by going to
  www.openmath.org, the semantics of the OMS.

yes, agreed.

  I don't understand (this may be because I don't speak RDF) what is meant
  by "the system's CDBase".

I just meant the CDBase as understood by the OM system (which as above
might be read from a CDBase element in a CD (or perhaps STS file) or a
cdbase= attribute in an OM fragment, or just somewhere known to the
system, or www.openmath.org/cd, as appropriate.

  I'm not sure if we agree here, or not.

My intention was to echo your sentiment, so I hope that we agree!

David