[Om3] CDSignatures/@cd, CDSignatures/@type: how to resolve?

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri May 9 16:22:59 CEST 2008

> Um - I am very unhappy here: I guess with the whole idea of an
> 'application-default'. If I write <OMS name="plus" cd="arith1"/> then I DO
> mean the standard one, and I DON'T want some application thinking it knows
> better. <OMS name="plus" cd="arith1"/> does NOT mean 'anythning you wnat
> to call plus'.

agreed, but it depends what the intention of cdbase is (which I don't
think we've ever really been that explict about)
 <OMS name="plus" cd="arith1"/>
should mean the standard one, but my application might not read xml
files in CD format or might have a local copy of arit1.ocd in
localhost:/usr/tmp or whatever, so the default retrieval URI (for
example to get associated files for signatures or notations) mightbe
system dependent, but the canonical URI for the symbol (in the RDF sense
where the URI is just a formal, globally unique identifier) should be
http://www.openmath.org/cd/arith1#plus

David