[Om3] CDSignatures/@cd, CDSignatures/@type: how to resolve?

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Fri May 9 16:43:39 CEST 2008

On Friday 09 May 2008 15:22:59 David Carlisle wrote:
> > Um - I am very unhappy here: I guess with the whole idea of an
> > 'application-default'. If I write <OMS name="plus" cd="arith1"/> then I
> > DO mean the standard one, and I DON'T want some application thinking it
> > knows better. <OMS name="plus" cd="arith1"/> does NOT mean 'anythning you
> > wnat to call plus'.
>
> agreed, but it depends what the intention of cdbase is (which I don't
> think we've ever really been that explict about)
>  <OMS name="plus" cd="arith1"/>
> should mean the standard one, but my application might not read xml
> files in CD format or might have a local copy of arit1.ocd in
> localhost:/usr/tmp or whatever, so the default retrieval URI (for
> example to get associated files for signatures or notations) mightbe
> system dependent, but the canonical URI for the symbol (in the RDF sense
> where the URI is just a formal, globally unique identifier) should be
> http://www.openmath.org/cd/arith1#plus

Thanks, I couldn't have said it better! -- That said, my point boils down to
the fact that I always want to be able to obtain this canonical URI, so either
it needs to be specified in some @cdbase attribute (including
CDSignatures/@cdbase), or the fallback http://www.openmath.org/cd is used.

Best,

Christoph