[Om3] Two more CDBase questions

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Mon May 12 23:30:19 CEST 2008

Dear all,

  as an addendum to the CDBase discussion we had, I accidentally discovered
that in an unexpected place of the OpenMath spec (versions 2 and 3) it is
actually said that http://www.openmath.org/cd is a default base:

> Content Dictionaries available from the official OpenMath repository at
> www.openmath.org need only be referenced by name, other Content Dictionaries
> should be referenced using the CDBase and the CDName.

(section 5.3, compliance → CDs)

And here's now one more question about a thing that either is not specified or
that I'm too stupid to see. For OpenMath objects we say that if a cdbase is
not given for a symbol, it is inherited from a parent. But what if there is an
OpenMath object within a CD (say /CD/CDDefinition/FMP/OMOBJ) where no cdbase
is defined? Does that mean that the default CDBase http://www.openmath.org/cd
applies, or does the CDBase of that content dictionary apply, i.e. /CD/CDBase?
I think the latter would make more sense, but on the other hand it would make
processing easier if we forced CD authors to explicitly specify the cdbase for
every OpenMath object, if they want it to be different from the default one.

Best,

Christoph